Meticulous Engineering, Unparalleled Craftsmanship
Replace that undersized, plastic stock intercooler with a GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercooler Kit, featuring cast aluminum end tanks, large bar and plate core and TIG welded construction. The factory FA20dit TMIC is well-suited for stock applications, but when boost levels are increased, the higher post-turbo air temps contribute to pre-detonation (or ‘knock’) and loss in power. The GrimmSpeed intercooler is designed to keep charge temps consistent during aggressive driving so that the rest of your parts can work to make power.
– 13.1in x 10in x 3.75in Cross Flow Core – careful balance of high heat transfer and low pressure drop
– Cast Aluminum End Tanks – featuring machined splitter mounting features
– 5-Ply Silicone Couplers – custom molded and reinforced for demanding environments
– Fully-Integrated Two-Piece Splitter – collects air from the entire width of the scoop and feeds it directly to the core
– Water Meth 1/8 NPT Bung – Cast into the outlet end tank, CNC machine tapped and plugged for future use
– Vibration Isolation Mounting – protect the intercooler system from fatigue due to vibration by reusing the factory mounts
– Cleaned, Inspected and Sealed Prior to Shipping – prevent motor damage due to foreign matter
The GrimmSpeed engineering team has a history of developing the highest performing Top Mount Intercoolers available and the 2015+ WRX fitment will be no different. This intercooler was in the testing and revision phase for over a year, as continual improvements to performance and fitment were found. The GrimmSpeed kit offers a perfectly fitting intercooler assembly, along with a custom 5-ply silicone throttle body coupler and hi-torque stainless steel clamps. Each kit also includes our unique two-piece splitter design that replaces the factory engine cover with a splitter design that’s made to fit the larger core of the GrimmSpeed TMIC. The performance of any Top Mount Intercooler is only as good as the splitter that’s directing air through the core and in this area especially, the GrimmSpeed team nailed it.
High Efficiency and Flow – Other manufacturers focus on cooling without understanding the damage that high restriction can do to a cars ability to produce power.
Two-Piece Splitter Design – Other manufacturers repurpose or modify the stock engine cover. GrimmSpeed has replaced it entirely with an innovative two-piece design.
Optional Upgraded Charge Pipe – Use of the GrimmSpeed Charge Pipe is optional, allowing you to upgrade at your own pace.
Designed and Manufactured Locally – Ensuring repeatable quality, clean components and consistent assembly
Fitments and Options
15-18 Subaru WRX